It’s no secret, mobile is here to stay. If you’re involved with marketing, own a small business or even a large corporation, check out some of these statistics and trends. Companies who already have a mobile website are seeing massive growth in sales and increased user engagement. Most small business owners have only just started researching and thinking about mobile. Moving quickly will push you ahead of your competition and build to your brand.
- There are 6.8 billion people on the planet. 5.1 billion of them now own a cell phone. (Search Engine Watch)
- Only 4.8 billion people own a toothbrush. More people own a mobile phone than a toothbrush.
- It’s estimated that over 50% of all web traffic will be mobile by 2014. (SourceCon)
- Mobile web usage took 50% of sales related to Mother’s Day in 2012.
- More than half of American adults own a smartphone.
Mobile in Business
- 79% said having a mobile website was effective at attracting new customers and keeping current ones happy. (emarketer)
- 9 of 10 mobile searchers take action after a phone search. (Google 2011)
- Of all the mobile searches for local businesses, 52% of search clicks resulted in calls. (searchengineland)
- Mobile makes up 62% of popular restaurant related searches on Valentine’s Day (Google 2012)
If you’re like most business owners and even fortune 500 companies, you don’t have a mobile optimized website. You need to start moving mobile! So where do you start ? We highly recommend focusing on a responsive design approach. Since there are so many devices and screen sizes, it’s not worth the time or money just to develop for a single size. You’ll start seeing more user engagement and sales almost immediately.
Need help ? Don’t hesitate to ask ! We’d love to work with you and your team to develop a great responsive website for your company. Drop us a line if you’re ready to get started, or fill out this handy project planner if you’re feeling particularly excited.